Dog parents are very conscious when it comes to the food and nutrition of their
However, there are certain considerations you should keep in mind while choosing a reasonable puppy food for your pet. Read in the section below about how you should choose the best dry puppy food and also find the comprehensive reviews of the best dry puppy foods for your lovely companion.
Best Dry Puppy Foods Reviews
This section includes detailed reviews about the highly-rated dry puppy foods available in the market. We hope it would help you to make the right choice about buying the best dry puppy food for your best friend.
This SmartBlend formula contains all the proteins and nutrients that are important for the growth and development of large dogs at an early age. The food is available in two flavors, i.e., Chicken and Lamb & Rice.
The soft meaty morsels contain fresh, and real meat is the first ingredient. This natural formula uses high-quality farm animals to provide your dog with protein-rich food. It also contains additional minerals and vitamins with 0% fillers. The morsels are tender and have a great taste your lovely pup would definitely like.
- Suitable for all large breeds of dogs
- Contains fewer calories than the ordinary formula
- Free from fillers
- Uses animal proteins extracted from high-quality protein.
- Easily digestible
- It has great flavor dogs like very well
- It is expensive
2. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Puppy Dry
- REAL MEAT FIRST: Blue Buffalo foods always feature real meat as the first ingredient. High-quality protein from real chicken helps your dog build and maintain healthy muscles. Plus they contain...
- FOR PUPPY DOGS: Specially formulated for puppies, BLUE Life Protection Formula Puppy Food contains DHA and ARA (important fatty acids found in mother’s milk) to support cognitive function and...
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal...
- A NATURAL DOG FOOD: BLUE dry dog foods are made with the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. BLUE contains NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy,...
- Contains one (1) 30 lb. Bag of BLUE Life Protection Formula Puppy Dry Dog Food, Chicken and Brown Rice
Blue Buffalo Life protection formula is another best dry puppy food that contains real meat as the first ingredient. This dry
The blend contains ARA and DHA, which have the fatty acids found in mother’s milk. These fatty acids are rich in nutrients and improve the development of the brain and eyes. It also promotes the growth of muscles. The easy-to-eat formula is very tasty and available in the form of small kibbles. The kibbles are suitable for the smaller jaws and make your dog’s teeth clean by removing the tartar. This formula is available for smaller dog breeds as well as larger breeds.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection formula makes sure that the ingredients used are extracted from the finest sources. It does not contain fillers, additives, and by-products that have no benefits. This unique blend also contains wholesome whole grains, farm-fresh veggies, and fruits that are rich in vitamins. It not only fulfills your pup’s life stage requirements but also maintains his oxidative balance.
- Combines real meat with fresh veggies and fruit
- Great taste and texture which is easy to eat
- Small kibbles appropriate for small jaws
- Free from by-products and fillers
- Removes tartar from teeth
- Cause fur shedding in some dogs
Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula
The formula contains prebiotics and antioxidants that support digestion. The
If your pet does not like the grainy, dry food, then the
- Grainless food for all breeds of dog
- Rich in proteins, Minerals, and prebiotics
- Contains antioxidants for easy digestion
- Contains high-quality farm-raised buffalo meat
4. Diamond Naturals Premium Large Breed Formulas Dry
Dog Food for Adult Dogs and/or Puppies
If you want to buy
It contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that maintain the oxidative balance and improves the immune system of your little one. I have tried and tested this formula on my dog, and it brought visible results just in a few days. It was recommended by the Vet, and my cute little Charlie became cuter than ever. It also promotes healthy skin, stool, and coat and clinically proven to bring quick results. Moreover, it also provides energy to the adult dogs so that they may be able to perform day to day activities perfectly.
The Skeletal development is too significant for the small breed of
- A great combination of nutrients and good fats.
- Designed for all breed of dogs.
- Contains DHA that improves the cognitive skills of dogs
- Recommended by many Vets
- Contains Omega Fatty acids for better growth
- This formula is not suitable for every small dog.
- Causes nausea to some dogs
5. Rachael Ray Nutrish Bright Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Dry
If you are looking for a tasty meal for your little pup, then Racheal Ray’s recipe has something to taste. We are sure he would relish his mealtime like never. This tempting recipe is a unique blend of farm-raised chicken and fruits that are rich in vitamins, nutrients, and minerals to fulfill your dog’s developmental needs. The dry recipe is made up of the finest deboned chicken as the number one ingredient of the blend.
The food does not contain artificial flavors, additives, and by-products that just fill the little tummy but provide no benefits. It improves your dog’s immune system, promotes a shiny coat and bright eyes, and helps to build lean muscles. The recipe is formulated specifically to meet the special needs of
However, there are some side effects as well that compelled me not to buy this food again for my pup. It may cause bloating and other digestive issues. Moreover, it has corn, which is not suitable for the
- It improves the immunity system.
- It promotes a shiny coat and bright eyes.
- Made up of farm-raised chicken
- It also contains fresh fruits and veggies.
- Free from the artificial flavor, additives, fillers, and by-products
- It causes bloating and other digestive issues.
A Quick Buying Guide for best dry puppy foods
Choosing puppy food is challenging because you cannot compromise your pet’s health. So, there are a few significant factors you should keep in mind while buying suitable dry food for your puppy.
What to look for?
A dog’s diet must be full of nutritional value to support his growth and overall health especially in the early years of age. Good
A puppy’s diet is composed of specific ingredients necessary for growth and development in the early years. Make sure that you don’t forget to check the ingredients considerately on the label. Most of the
For this, you should know how to read the label. Most of the labels rank the ingredients in ascending order according to their weight, which means that the ingredient present on the top is present abundantly in the composition.
Quality of the ingredients
The quality of the
High-quality dog foods are free from chemicals, additives, artificial flavors, and fillers like wheat, soy, and other such ingredients.
The general rule says that dry dog foods that are high in nutritional value and contain high-quality content have a high price. The cheaper cereals usually contain ingredients extracted from low-quality source and also contain additives and fillers that are good for nothing.
Make sure that you buy age-appropriate food.
Choosing a dry
dog food with specific dietary requirements
Some pups afflicting with different disorders and allergies have special dietary requirements. Therefore, it is significant to take care of the contents the
Some dogs have skin sensitivities or allergies, so make sure that you buy hypoallergenic
Dog Food vs Wet
Wet food can be tempting to some dogs; they like the smell and taste of it which makes them want to eat it. However, wet food also contains more water which makes it go bad faster than dry
Dogs that are used to eating wet
Some dogs are picky eaters, but switching them to dry
Dry dog foods are available in a wide variety but choosing the right one is a bit challenging. We hope that our buying guide and the reviews will help you to choose the best dry puppy food. Let us know about your experience in the comments section below and also suggest some more highly-rated puppy foods you want us to review. Cheers.