Some other common reasons why people like to use dog crates include:
- Toilet training a new pup
- Limiting their movement/access to make them learn the house rules
- Transporting them for one place to another
- Confining the pet in a place where they are not legally allowed to roam freely
- Ensuring the pet’s safety
- Giving them a place to hide or stay during parties and family occasions
Types Of Dog Crates
There are many types of dog crates available in the market, such as:
Solid Plastic Crates- They are more suitable for excessive traveling. They are also safer than the other types during car accidents and other mishaps.
Travel Crates- Such crates are crafted uniquely for pet vehicle transportation. You can also use them on planes and in your house for
Aluminum Crates- They are either fixed or foldable. Some of their advantages are robust construction, lightweight, rust-resistance, appropriate bracing, excellent airflow, and visibility for the dog.
Wire Crates-They is easy to fold for convenient storage/transportation. Though they are a little heavy, your dog will get better airflow and visibility. They vary in size and always come with covers and pads for more safety and comfort.
Hybrid Crates- These crates are a combination of reinforced plastic and aluminum-coated steel wire. They have the best durability, airflow, and visibility. With their one-hand collapsible feature, it is easy to set up, break down, and store the
Every dog deserves his own space to feel comfortable and safe. A high-quality
Here Are 5 best dog crates for large dogs so you can find an option suitable for your dog and his requirements.
This product comes with the raised interior, wire vents, and tie-down holes to offer a comfortable and safe traveling experience to your pet. The four-way vault door provides additional security and keeps the door in its place. The vault door is available in a 36-inch size, and more so you can purchase according to your needs and prevent shifting and sliding of the
The ventilation openings deliver 360-degree ventilation that surrounds the travel kennel and give your pet fresh air and visibility from the sides. Some other features that provide heavy-duty and long-lasting protection are durable plastic shell, strong steel wire, non-corrodible wing-nuts, and an interlocking wire door.
The package also includes two Live Animal stickers, a clip-on water/food bowl, and a pet ID sticker as well. These travel necessities are for easy modification for traveling. The top handle is accessible in 27 inch and 28-inch sizes, so you have a variety to choose from.
The Petmate Sky Kennel Pet Carrier is designed and manufactured by keeping your pet in mind so they can stay safe and cozy in their kennels. The premium plastic kennel of this product is perfect for your pet to sleep and relax peacefully inside it.
- Made for safe and comfortable travel
- Built to last long
- Fits all shapes and sizes
- Satisfies your dog’s natural denning instincts
- The actual usable space is small for some buyers
Every dog deserves to be treated well and homely. The designers at Lucky Dog keep this idea well in their minds. The all-new Lucky Dog – Heavy Duty Welded Wire Dog Kennel with Cover and Frame has everything that you need to keep your pet happy and safe while you are in the office.
The safety of your dog is at the vanguard of this product’s development and construction; thus, the manufacturers are trying to utilize an environmentally reliable process to launch this
The assembled dimension of this
The waterproof cover is included in the package. The
- Easy to clean
- Simple set up
- A waterproof cover is included
- Secure latch and lock gate
- An issue with the listed dimensions
EliteField is one of the most leading, New-York based pet product company. This brand is one of the highest selling brands in the world that offers a great warranty on all of its products to ensure customer satisfaction and excellent product quality.
The EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft
The frame is made from robust steel tubes while the cover is of high-quality, long-lasting 600D hex mesh fabric. The use of such material makes it a more stylish, well-ventilated, and durable product than the competitors. There are three mesh doors on the top, front, and side of the
The package includes a free fleece bed, carrying bag, hand carrying straps, handle and adjustable padded shoulder straps. All these features allow for multiple carrying options, easy transport, and storage. It is backed by a 2-year warranty from the manufacturers which guarantees great product quality.
- Very spacious
- High-quality, durable fabric construction
- Free carrying bag and fleece bed
- Two-year warranty
- The floor is not waterproof
MidWest is a trusted, top-seller for pets in the world. Almost all the single-door dog crates by the company consist of inclusive home training systems aimed entirely around the safety, comfort, and security of your pet.
The durable design of the product generates a safe and secure place for your animal, so you are worry-free even if you always have to stay away from the house. Another best thing about MidWest Homes for Pets
The heavy-duty slide-bolt latches can firmly lock the
- Safe and secure
- Easy assembly and portable design
- Comes with free divider panel
- Roller feet
- Low-quality latch
Keep furry members of your household safe and happy with ecoFlex Pet
The best thing about this product is that it can be doubled as a real end table and comes with a secure latching door to keep your
Above all, the beautiful design of the
Apart from using it as an end table, some buyers also like to use it as an occasional table and even as a nightstand. With the stainless steel latch, you can be sure that the dog is comfortable, safe, and secure in his space. The setup, maintenance, and upkeep are also very simple. You can simply wipe the exterior of the
- Stainless steel spindle and latch
- Easy and tool-free assembling
- For dongs up to 20 pounds
- Made from non-toxic material
- Weak bars
The primary use of having a
Dog crates are not just beneficial for the dogs but also for the dog owners. You can not only use them to keep your pup relax and protected but have your peace of mind and relaxation. Some of the most common benefits of
- A dog kennel offers a safe space for your pet to calm down and relax; it can serve as a retreat for your dog during anxious times like thunderstorms, parties, holiday dinners, and other possibly stressful occasions that occur on a daily basis.
- With a
dog crate, you can transport your dog from one place to another with ease, convenience, and safety. Cratetraining helps you keep your furniture and other household items safe while you are out running errands.
cratecan also prevent poisoning and injuries to the dog when you leave them behind alone while going to work.
- When a dog is properly
crateconditioned, he will be more comfortable and relaxed while visiting the groomer or vet.
cratetraining, your pet is more likely to be safe, happy with fewer chances of surgical failure, or any other medical complications that need post-operative restrictions.
Steps To Choose A
Start the process of
If you have
Crate Train A Dog
1. Introduce The
First, put the
If you want to encourage your dog to just get into the
2. Feeding Meals In The
Once your dog is properly introduced to the
Once the dog is comfortably standing in the
3. Conditioning The Dog For Longer Periods
Once the dog is having all of his meals inside the
Sit with him near the
4. Crating The Dog When Left Alone
Never make your parting prolonged or emotional, rather praise your dog momentarily and give the treat to enter the kennel and then leave without making any noise. Do not reward your dog for their excited behavior after coming. Keep your arrival discreet to prevent them from feeling fearful over your return.
5. Crating The Dog At Night
Night-time crating should include the same old command and treat ritual that you have been following for days now.
You can initially put the
Once the dog starts to sleep well through the night in his cage, you can move the
Do’s And Don’ts Of
- Give training in the form of short training sessions and keep the training speed according to your dog’s pace.
- Use lots and lots of treats, praises, and patience while
cratetraining the animal.
- Consider using dog calming diffuser kits and soothing music to assist the training procedure.
- Make sure that you are giving enough time to your dog to have fun playtime and outdoor eliminating opportunity before starting each training session.
- Keep the excitement level low when you come back home, while training and when you actually start leaving your dog in the
crateduring the day.
- Never use crating for the sake of punishment. Don’t rebuke the pet while they are in the
crate; otherwise, they can link the crating with stress or fearfulness.
- Do not leave your puppy in the
crateall day long. Being in the crateat all times can lead to depression and anxiety. If you are away from home a lot, consider hiring a pet sitter or walker so the dog can get some physical activity done.
- Do not leave small
puppiesn the cratefor more than 2-3 hours as they need more frequent potty breaks.