Top 5 pitbull and american bully Harnesses of 2019
best American bully Harness on amazon
Imagine taking your powerful pup on a walk. Would you rather have them pull against their collar or a sturdy harness? For the sake of you and your dog’s well-being, a harness is the best option. But some harnesses don’t last as long, making you have to buy a new one. To help find the right contender, we’ve analyzed and reviewed our top 5 picks for the best Pitbull and American bully breed harnesses of 2019.
What Features Make For a Good Harness?
Regardless of if your dog pulls on the end of the leash, it is important to invest in a harness that is designed for stronger breeds such as the Pitbull or an American bully breed. Look over the following features that can make you invest in a durable harness.
• Hardiness: Harnesses can be made of different materials, making them more or less durable. The products that can take the tugging of a strong breed tend to be made of Nylon or Polypropylene with synthetic webbing.
• Comfort: When considering which harness to purchase for your dog, their comfort should be the first to come to mind. Adjustability and padding can help keep your dog from developing sores while pulling.
• Extra Features: The comfort of you and your dog is important. Certain harnesses will instill features such as padding and extra handles for the aid of the owner.
Listed below are the top 5 contenders for the best Pitbull and American bully harnesses.
supreme dog harness
Babyltrl Big Dog Anti-Tear Harness
Babyltrl Reflective Big Dog Harness
Babyltrl Adjustable Dog Harness
Embark Adventure Dog Harness
Pawaboo Dog Safety Vest Harness
This harness is built specifically to meet the needs of a large dog such as your Pitbull or American bully breed. The material used is ideal for stronger dogs with higher resistance to possible tearing. It also has two metal D-rings, one of which is located on the front and the other on the back. This allows you to walk your dog and hinder their pulling. Another feature that we found useful was the attention put in to making sure that your dog is comfortable. The fabric used under the chest is breathable and quick to dry. It is also easy to put on and adjust with buckled straps.
• The triangular design and a mesh fabric make for a more comfortable big dog harness.
• With an added lock feature on the clips, you can feel more secure that your dog won’t break free from the harness.
• The harness is easy to slip on and off for extra convenience.
The Babytrl Reflective Big Dog Harness is easy to adjust for a more comfortable fit. The neck and check straps are able to be positioned to your dog’s size. One feature useful for big dog owners is the handle positioned on the dog’s back to add a sense of control. The material used along the chest is softly padded with a breathable design for longer walks. We also found it to be a contender because of the reflective lining. The buckles used to snap this item in place are built with a lock system, making all that more secure.
• This harness is heavy duty with Nylon material.
• The handle located on the back is convenient for times that you need more control.
• Slipping over the head and being buckled around the chest, it is easy to put on and take off in a moment’s notice.
• Some users have complained that the straps loosen over time. (Amazon)
One of the first attributes that a buyer notice about this product is the bright orange. The material is not only easy to see in poorly-lit areas, but has reflective straps for additional security. With D-ring clips made of sturdy metal, you can choose to either discourage pulling through clipping to the front or simply relax by attaching to the back. This product also has a handle for the owner, making it easy to grab when need be. The chest and stomach regions are padded with breathable fabric for a more pleasant experience.
• The reflective material in combination with the bright orange make your dog easy to see when on a nightly walk.
• With an ability to clip on to the front or back of the harness, you can control any tugging.
• The neck and chest straps are adjustable for a more secure fit.
• This product can be stiff at first as it takes some breaking in. (Amazon)
This large dog harness presented by Embark is made to be lightweight and durable for lots of walks, hikes and training sessions. The material used is military grade Nylon for a longer-lasting product. We felt that the padding along the stomach and upper chest prevents chaffing and discomfort for any strong tuggers. The clip located on the chest is reinforced while the back can be clipped for a more relaxed experience. A secured fit is achieved through adjusting the neck and chest straps.
• The Embark Adventure Harness is easy to slide on and off when needed.
• Padding located along the entirety of this harness make it comfortable for your dog.
• The material used is quadruple sewn with military grade Nylon to add durability.
• The D-ring located on the front of the dog has been known to be breakable in the midst of a strong puller. (Amazon)
The Pawaboo Safety Vest Harness is designed with an x-style structure, making it easy for your dog to have a good range of motion. We noticed that this harness was used mostly as a car aide, being able to buckle your dog in. In fact, there is an included seat belt that will fit any car. The fabric used is made entirely of Polyester for a soft, lightweight option. Another feature we liked was the padding along the chest plate to add comfort to your dog’s experience.
• The padding along the chest makes it more comfortable for your dog.
• The x-style design is great for giving your dog flexibility and mobility whereas some harnesses restrict shoulder movement.
• This harness snaps on and off relatively easy for quick transportation.
• There is no metal clip located on the front to discourage a dog from pulling (Amazon)
All of these products will help your dog when it comes to the safety of their neck and spinal cord. They also are made to be comfortable, durable and reliable. Some of them even have additional features such as a handle for you as the owner when you need extra control. But, with all of the considerations taken in, who’s the best candidate?Based solely on walking a large, powerful Pitbull who may like to pull, our top choice was the Babyltrl Big Dog Anti-Tear Harness. This product is well-made with Nylon-enforced material and added locks on the straps. We also appreciated the clips located on both the front and back of the harness that are enforced with heavy-duty metal. The anti-tear triangular fitting on the shoulder blade makes this harness ideal for owners with a Pitbull or any American bully breed. One last noteworthy feature was the attention to comfort, with a padded fabric along the chest.Finding a harness for your powerful pup can be challenging, especially when certain products will only last for about a month. With our top 5 contenders, hopefully you will be able to invest in a harness that will give you more control and dissuade your dog from pulling. As with any dog who tugs, it is essential that we use a harness so that they do not injure their neck. Finding just the right one, though tedious at times, will help give you and your dog an enjoyable time out on walks.